Scouting stands for challenge! Scouting offers fun and exciting activities that challenge girls and boys from the age of 5 to develop themselves.
- Scouting is the largest youth organisation in the Netherlands with over 100,000 members
- Over 40 million boys and girls are a member of Scouting globally. Scouting is very popular in e.g. the Commonwealth, Poland, the USA and of course The Netherlands.
- 1 in 5 children in the Netherlands is or has been a member of Scouting
- There are over 1,000 Scouting groups in the Netherlands
- One or more Scouting groups are active in 80% of all communities.
- 75% of volunteers in Scouting Nederland is younger than 25 and spends an average of 8 hours a week for Scouting
- 25% of volunteers in Scouting Nederland is also a volunteer in another organisation
- Scouting Nederland has over 20 label camping sites available to scouts and non-scouts in the most beautiful places in the Netherlands
- Queen Máxima is patroness of Scouting Nederland
Why Scouting Celtica?
Scouting Celtica is an active Scouting group in the heart of the Reeshof. Scouting Celtica has its own building, playground and materials. It is situated close to the Reeshofbos, a small forest where the kids can enjoy nature. Scouting Celtica is close to Koolhoven, Witbrant and other areas which can be found in the Reeshof. We offer activities for children from the age of 5 ('the Bevers'), 7 ('the Welpen'), 11 ('the Scouts') and 14 ('the Explorers').A child can join in at any age.
Scouting is for everybody and we welcome any kid that wants to get away from digital equipment to enjoy playing outside, learn new skills and experience camping.
The language spoken and all communication is in Dutch, which means we focus on Dutch speaking children only. However, if your kid has recently started to live in The Netherlands and is likely to grow up here, it is more than welcome to join in our activities. Kids learn fast!
If you as a parent or caretaker are not so good at talking Dutch, please mention it to the team leader. Most of our leaders talk sufficient English to help out.
If you want more information, please contact us by filling out this form.